Monday 3 February 2014

Second photo shoot

This time for my photo shoot I went out early in the morning so that there was better light, I went to the same woods but this time I went to an area where there are crumbling remains of old buildings. I chose this location as it looks rocky and edgy and suited the theme of my magazine. It also made the photos more interesting and looked like they were more suitable for a front page picture. I went for a slightly different styling approach this time I used much darker colours and focused more on the "emo" theme rather than just the edgy look that I used in my first photo shoot.




In this image the reader can see more of the model as a long shot is used therefore this image would be good for either the contents page or smaller photos that feature on the double page spread as the reader gets to see and understand a bit more of the act.


These two images are both similar and they could both be used as cover photos as they are engaging and interesting for the audience therefore they will be encouraged to buy it over othe music magazines.






This landscape mid shot photo would be good to use as a sub focus image on the double page spread.


This image may be used as a front cover image as it is a mid shot and the model is making eye contact however I think there are images that would look better.


I think that this photo would be more suitable to use as a frontpage image as it is a close up shot therefore the model has engaging eye contact with the audience, which would catch the readers eye and encourage them to buy the magazine.

This photo is different to all of my others so I think it is interesting enough to use as the main feature image on my double page spread, it is a long shot so the reader gets to see more of the artist and the scenery and composition makes for an attractive and interesting image.


To continue with the rocky theme my model was wearing black leather trousers, a brown leather jacket, statement necklace, gold studded grey top and brown leather military styled boots.This created a rocky feel to the pictures that you would expect to see in a rock magazine therefor the audience/reader will be aware of what type of magazine it is.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment