Tuesday 4 February 2014

CD image to use on double page spread

To make my music magazine appear more professional I have created an album cover that will be put on my contents page to feature some of the work by the artist I am covering.
 

 
I chose this photo as it is a long shot and it has interesting scenery, these factors are important when creating an album cover as they have to be visually pleasing and eyecatching at the same time.
 
 
 
To edit this photo I lowered the exposure so it had more of a dark gritty appearance, I also added the Vignette filter which darkened the edges of the image.
 
I used the font "DOWN COME" for the artist name and the font "Typewriter" for the name of the artist as they were both edgy and suited the genre of my magazine. The fonts used on my album cover match the mise-en-scene of the other photos in my magazine and suit the rocky theme of my magazine.
 
I added the "Parental Advisory Explicit Content" sticker on the corner of the magazine as I have seen it on lots of album covers and I have found that it appears very often on lots of rock themed album covers specifically.

No comments:

Post a Comment