Wednesday 26 February 2014

Interview for Double Page Spread

1) Have you always wanted to know you wanted a career in music or was it a bit unexpected?

Yes! From a young age I was always singing and I learnt the guitar when I was about 11 and I would put little shows on for my family at Christmas and stuff like that, but the songs were a little different to the ones I sing these days as you can imagine.

2) At the peak of your career who would you aspire to be as successful as?

Hmm, maybe the Rolling Stones and Mick Jagger, they were so successful in their day and they have left such a legacy behind and they have influenced the music industry so much, if I could have a fraction of their success it would be crazy!

3) Where do you picture yourself in a years time?

Well I will still be on the road with the "Redemption" tour, so probably on stage with my band performing to a crazy big crowd.

4) If you could win any award, one of your choice what award would it be?

Well there are so many amazing music awards out there now days so it would be difficult to choose one, but as I'm English it would probably be the life time achievement award at 'The Brits' when I'm like 60.

5) Who would your dream collaboration be with dead or alive and why?

Err, I'm not sure. (Shouts) John Lennon! Yes, yes, John Lennon! Imagine how amazing that would be, he was such a good song writer and musician and Paul McCartney maybe we should just invite all of The Beatles, that would be fun.

6) Does any of your closest family and friends think it's crazy how quickly you've shot to fame and the extent of it?
Yeah, they're still really not use to it, like every time my name is mentioned on TV or the radio my mum will phone me like an excited school girl and my friends are loving it and all the perks of having a famous friend!

7) What's the craziest thing a fans done for you?

This one time I was leaving a gig and a fan came up to me, took his shirt off and showed me his back which was fully covered in a tattoo of my face, I was a bit taken back and I didn't really know what to say, so yeah I guess that's the craziest thing.

9) Were approaching your next tour, how does it feel to have sold out the 02 arena for 5 nights solid?

Insane! I cant believe how fast it has all happened, to think that a year ago I was seeing my favourite bands like Foo Fighters and Fall Out Boy at the O2 and now I'm actually performing there on my tour is so crazy!

10) How do you get your personal chill time whilst on tour?
Well I get on with my band and everyone that I tour with really well so when ever we're travelling or on the road I'm just constantly chilling with my friends so I'm actually pretty relaxed and find it easy to have some down time.

11) In your opinion how have you stayed humble? what's brought you back down to reality with your alter ego as a famous goddess?

I think the main thing is to stay close with the people that love you and that have been there with you from the start, family are so important to me because I wouldn't be where I am today without them.

12) Can we get any hints as to who your support acts are on tour?

(Laughs) Well I cant say who exactly, my management would kill me! But I can say that we have some great new up & coming rock artists touring with us.

13) Have you got your eye on any upcoming artists or bands for us to look out for?

I'm a big fan of bands like The Horse Brothers & Ministers Dead but the other day a friend told me to listen to Skeletons On Holiday & I'm really loving them at the moment.

14) Who is your biggest musical inspiration of all time?

Umm inspirational? I'm not sure, probably the classics like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin & The Who, I think old rockers are the best!
15) What's your favorite instrument to play?

It between electric guitar or the drums, I've played the guitar song long I could practically do it in my sleep I love it that much but I really like playing the drums too because you can really go crazy and let loose and it still sounds great!

16) BIGGEST CELEBRITY CRUSH?

I'm in love with Tom Hiddleston! I met him at the Avengers premier in London a few months ago and I've ben smitten ever since, the only bad thing is it's set my standards for men in real life ridiculously high! No one can match Tom and no one ever will! (Laughs nervously & blushes) Okay I'm getting to excited now, move on!

17) Favorite song in charts right now?

Hmm that's a tough one, I guess its 'Hollow' by Alice In Chains  I'm really into it at the moment, I can't stop listening to it!

18) What has been your most diverish moment?

Probably the time when I got back to the hotel after a concert and I had a toddler like tantrum because room service gave me a cheese burger instead of a ham burger, I would never usually act like that but an extreme lack of sleep and my hatred for cheese turned me into a complete diva! I apologise to everyone afterwards, I promise!

19) With your busy schedule do you fnd it difficult to meet new people?

It can be a bit hectic but my job allows me to meet so many people & I love that!
I'd like to believe i'm really cool and that I judge people based solely on the quality of bands on the black concert t-shirts they wear but in reality I speak to everyone that wants a chat really, it drives my management crazy but I just love talking to new people and sharing life experiences.



No comments:

Post a Comment