Friday 11 April 2014

Construction process for front cover

 This is the step by step construction process for the front cover of my music magazine. It shows all of the changes and decisions I made along the way.
 
 
I began by selecting a mid shot of my model and formated it into A4 so that it would take up the whole backgraound of the magazine.
 
 
I then added some of the typical codes you would expect to see on a magazine, like headers, master head, barcode and the date. I used 'Kill em All' font for the master head as it is bold eye catcginh and relates to the rock genre. For the text on my headers I used Charlemagne Std and a mix of white and yellow text to catch the attention of the reader. This created a starting place for me to add cover lines.
 
 
For the cover lines I began with the feature artist that my double page spread is on. I wrote the name of the artist "Cyndi Tyler", a short catchy comment about the artist "She's back and shes edgier than ever!", and a quote from the artist "“I judge people based solely on the quality of bands on the black concert t-shirts they wear.” All 3 sections are in either different fonts or sifferent colours, this makes each of the stand out individually and makes the front cover more intersting.
 


I then began to add other cover lines such as "All nighters, strippers & hotel rooms ... with ASH RIDER". I contined using white and yellow text and used the same fonts (Charlemagne Std & Gabriola) that I have used in for the rest of the cover stories. I added another cover story that featured 'Ella Jett' 


After reviewing my magazine with the help of friends and teachers I came to the conclusion that the photos on the front cover were too simillar in style and location. Instead I used an image of a girl with more laid back clothes and make-up. I also used a different location I chose a plain grey/black background to contrast with the light green colours used in the outside location for the main image on the front cover.



No comments:

Post a Comment