Friday 11 April 2014

Construction process for contents page

 This is the step by step construction process for the contents page of my music magazine. It shows all of the changes and decisions I made along the way.
 
 
I began with a plain white A4 page and added a header of 'Hendrix', 'Contents' and the date. I used the same font for the master head that I used on the front cover and cotinue to use Charlemagne Std for the title of the page.
 
 
I then added a small column on the left hand side that Sows the name of feature articles and the page numbers. I used Charlemagne Std for the name of the article as it is bold and eye catching and then *** for a short desription of what is in the article. i decided to go with this format as I had founs it in multiple 'Kerrang' magaiznes.
 
 
 
 
As one of my feature articles was on Cyndi Tyler I felt it was appropriate to use a photo of the artist on the contents. I chose a mid shot so that the artist could be properly seen and engage with the audience.
 

 Then at the bottom I added a serperate contents for a specific section of the magazine called 'Review' I used the same fonts Charlemagne Std & Gabriola with a mix  of white and yellow to keep it intersting. I also added a photo in the bottom left corner to add interst to the page I again used I again used a diferent modle and location so that there was variety, which you would find in professional music magazines.
 
 
 
To fill space and add intrest to the page I added a 'BUZZ' section that gives away 'Free Hendricks Festival Tickets' I used Gabriola and Charlemagne Std so that the whole page looked uniformed and professional.
 


Again after reviewing my contents page I thought it looked quite disjointed and un-interesting so I decided to make some changes. To get rid of white gaps I added a would like background behind the buzz section so it looked fuller and more interesting. I also changed the top right image of 'Cyndi Tyle' as I didn't think it focesed on the artist as much as it should of.

 
Instead I chose this one as it focused on the artist more and had a more interesting/eye catching composition.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment