Wednesday 18 September 2013

Font investigation

As part of my preliminary test I will be making a school magazine and I have started to think about what type of font I will use. Below I have tested out a few fonts to see which  will link to the rest of my text and suit the target audience.


Time New Roman       Idsall Weekly
This text is clear and easy to read but I also feel that it is slightly too official for a school magazine and that it doesn't have the relaxed, calm feel that it needs.


Agency FB Idsall Weekly
I  like this font as it has a formal feel but it is still laid back which creates the perfect atmosphere for my target audience, making it more appealing to the reader.   

Chiller  Idsall Weekly
I think that this font is fun however it doesn't seem professional enough I think it would be more suited for a title to a book rather than a newspaper.


Brush Script Std Idsall Weekly
I think that this font is interesting however it is a bit too old fashioned and some people may find some of the letters hard to read.



From my research I have come to the conclusion that I will most likely use the fonts "Agency FB" for the front cover of my magazine.



No comments:

Post a Comment