Friday 15 November 2013

Evaluation of School Magazine

Now that I have completely finished my school magazine I have had to to evaluate my performance and my finished product.

What did you find difficult about producing your school magazine? What did you find easy?

I think that the part I struggled with most was actually producing the magazine as I wasn't very familiar with the programme, however I did find the research and analysis very easy and interesting as once I knew all of the terminology I enjoyed identifying which ones were being used in existing school magazines. 
 
What tactics did you use to attract your audience?

I used eye catching colours and fonts and used a variety of photos to make the magazine seem more appealing to the audience. I also used a buzz phrase "Enter our new art competition and WIN BIG PRIZES" to make the magazine more exciting and intriguing to the audience.
 
What have you learnt about other software's that were used in the production of your preliminary task?

I have become more comfortable working with programmes like photoshop and this will help me with editing the photos that I will use on my music magazine. I am also better at using softwares like fire works, this will also help me when producing my final music magazine. 
 
What lessons have you learnt  here that will enable you to excel in the production of your main task ?

Through doing my preliminary test I have learnt alot more about time managment and that I need to keep on top of my work and stay ahead of deadlines, it has also got me in the habbit of blogging everything I do so that people can see how i have progressed and how I have come to my decisions for my magazine.
 
                                                                                                                                      
I feel like I put in a good amountof effort for my magazine and I planned my tasks out in advance to ensure that I didnt fall behind. I am pleased with my final product however I feel that it would have been better if I had more time available and if I was better at working with the programme. My favourite part of my magazine is the school logo, I like the edit I did as it is interesting and it looks very appealing. If I were to do this project again I would spend more time perfecting my skills on the programme In Design so I would produce a better looking final project.
But overall I am pleased with my performance and I would enjoy making a school magazine again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment