Wednesday 20 November 2013

Double page spread





 
I have looked at some double page spreads that are featured in "The Rolling Stones" magazine and I have found that in most cases there is a striking and intriguing image that takes up the majority of one page, they do this to intrigue the reader and to make the article seem more appealing.
 
I have also noticed that it is important to choose a font that suits the genre of music or the artist for example; Florence Welch is an alternative musician so an interesting font has been used to match her work whereas Adeles' page has a much more classic font to reflect her simple and elegant genre.
 
For my own music magazine I like the idea of having a black and white/grey scale theme but then having red statement features either in the image or in the text as I think it works really well in the Lady Gaga and Florence Welch articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment